Thursday, August 26, 2010

Tired Of Crying While Cutting Onions------Try Out This One.



Onions has some content of sulphur compounds in it. And when we cut the onion, these sulphur compounds are released. Sulphur by nature causes irritation to eyes and nose. Our eyes contain water and when these sulphur compounds come in contact with water, they form sulphuric acid. This acid causes irritation in the eyes which reaults in tears. These tears wash the eyes and flush out the acid.


There are many tips which helps to prevent this, but one of the most amazing is to chew a chewing gum while cutting onions. Chewing gum while cutting an onion does help to prevent your eyes from tearing up because you breathe through your mouth, which prevents the sulphuric acid from reaching your eyes. It may be because the gum fills the scent receptors which usually trigger the tears.


I have tried it once and I found it effective. I am a sinus patient, so I always have cold and really face great difficulty while cutting onions. I read about it and gave it a try...and to my surprise it really worked. I think all of you who have the same problem must try this one out....

No comments:

Post a Comment